Friday, June 4, 2010

Interdressage

This is so neat! The Bitless Horse just did a post about something really exciting! It is called Interdressage. It is an international organization that offers monthly dressage competitions through the mail.

What a great way to get feedback and have the goals that dressage tests bring without the expense and stress! I love showing but I rarely get to because I do not have a trailer, I don't have very much money and I just don't have the time. I really miss out on the vauable information that you get when you do a test. I also miss out on the competitive experience of riding as a sport. Maybe I can try this?

Things I really like about this from the start
  • It allows bitless bridles. So Bodhi and I can actually get feedback on all of the hard work we have been doing bitless!
  • It has changing tests. Ever get bored of the same tests? I do. Bodhi does.
  • It has tons of different tests for every kind of rider
  • It appears to have some over fences tests. How fun is that?
  • It is very accessible. You can do it anywhere and the rules for attire and equipment are basic.
  • It has prizes.

What do you folks think? I don't think it is going to replace the traditional shows but what a fun alternative for people, and what a great way to bring dressage to anyone who is interested!

If I give it a try you know you will hear about it right here!

6 comments:

  1. That's really cool. I'm going to have to check that out. I want to compete in dressage with my mare someday but I'm really worried about taking her to shows. This could be a perfect set up for us.

    I hope you and Bodhi get to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very glad you linked to my post. I want to spread the interdressage word for Karina. It's been around a few years now and is such a fun thing. Theres even costume classes too which is fun.

    Interdressage was the first website to have online dressage classes. The others are kind of knock offs, made well after the date of interdressage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really neat. Even just practicing the tests for fun is helpful.

    In regards to your comment on my blog: You hit the nail right on the head; Corrie is not perfect, far from it. Yet I feel totally safe on her, even for as green as she is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun, if you decide to do a few classes please let us know how it goes. I'm going to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun idea! with a farm and a full time job, i don't have much time these days for showing either, and this might be a great way to get back into it without the stress! thanks for posting about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog, free work, and your pictures! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete