Saturday, July 9, 2011


I would like to start by apologizing for the lack of posts in the recent path. Rest assured, I haven't abandoned Bodhi. In fact, I have been taking lessons regularly and visiting him twice a week. His part-boarder has started riding three times a week, which is good because he is starting to get a bit pudgy. I have been working on more of the basics. My posting trot has improved a lot. I have him turning on his haunches and the walk, trot, whoa transitions are smooth. I need to practice the sitting trot. When I do it is looks (and feels) more like the jostling, bouncing trot.

Upon your suggestion, I was applying apple cider vinegar regularly to his hooves, which look great now. He recently had vet and farrier visits so he is in ship shape. The ground has dried up for the most part and now the bugs are the issue. They don't seem to pose as much of a problem as the bugs in Florida but he is still annoyed by them. I guess that's just one of those things you can't control. I will try to post more regularly in the near future. Hopefully we will see a few posts from the other two authors as well.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your lessons are going well and that Bodhi is getting lots of good attention. Lucky Haffie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bodhi is just as cute as ever. I'm sure he likes all the attention he's getting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its great to find another blog about a girl and her Haflinger!!

    www.adventureswithahorse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete