Friday, July 3, 2009

Golden Goals

With Bodhi and I's first show looming now (July 18th) I thought I would put together some goals for the show season. I am possibly leaving in the spring for Canada (graduate school) So my future with Bodhi is uncertain. I want to get in as much as I can in the meantime both for his education and also our enjoyment. I want to try a little bit of everything but I don't want to push him too hard. He is only four after all!

Goals For the Season
-Intro test A and B at the schooling show on July 18th
*Just get through the test and concentrate on relaxing and having fun! It is his first show so make it a good experience

-Get Bodhi consistent at the the canter both leads

-next schooling dressage show is August 23rd. Hopefully we can try a Training Level 1 test then.

-Get Bodhi some confidence over small fences

-Local Hunter Show September 5th
Flat classes, crossrails, or baby green?

-Take Bodhi trail riding more often. Once a month at least!

-Try a Hunt (Hunt season opens in October)

-Hunter Pace January 3rd 2010. This can be our goal event.

This will all depend on if Bodhi takes to fences at all. If he doesn't no sweat I will concentrate on getting him some Training Level show experience in the Fall. We could still do a hunt as well. I am pretty sure you can go around the jumps. I am very excited about getting out and competing again though I do not know if I have the courage any more. I just get so damn nervous these days!

Get to ride the Bodhster today! I think we are going for a relaxing trot around the pasture today. We have been drilling pretty hard lately and we should have a relaxing ride every once and a while! My ambitions will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment